Thursday, August 07, 2008

Boomerandomness 5

Here are a few random musings:

- XM Satellite Radio has a channel called Fred. And another called Ethel. I just got that. Doh!

- The price at my neighborhood BP station is down to $3.79/gallon tonight. Woohoo!

- “Did you really think the lane wasn’t going to end in ½ mile? 1500 feet? 1000 feet? 500 feet?! NOW!?!?” HONK!!! “Jerk!”

- What if you never bought an iPhone or a Blackberry? Would it matter?

- Do you remember when power steering, power brakes, power windows and air conditioning were expensive options on a car and not standard equipment? Do you remember a manual transmission shifter on the steering column and not the floor? Geez, you must be as old as I am.

- Do you remember when each candidate wasn’t chosen until during the convention? And this year do you sometimes wish they’d just skip the conventions and go right to the election?

- Thunderstorms can be mean and dangerous. But the sunset after a thunderstorm can be incredibly beautiful.

4 comments:

Ian said...

-I actually really like the Lucy channel myself, but I'm a big Alternative fan.

-I used to have a '59 Edsel with three on the tree. ;)

Ian

elizinashe said...

My first car had the dimmer switch for your headlights on the floor board next to your emergency brake and the gas tank 'thingy' was behind my license tag.
iPhones and Blackberry's are way too complicated for me..I sometimes miss having a land line. And yes, thunderstorms can be very dangerous but some of the most beautiful clouds and colors in the sky are after the storm.

Bernie said...

Ian - I didn't even realize they had a Lucy channel till you mentioned it.

And you had an Edsel?? Those are collector's items now.

Eliz - I also had a car or two with those kind of dimmer switches.

I could probably figure out how to use iPhones or Blackberrys but I just don't want to be that available. All the managers at work have them.

Synchronicity said...

the times..they are a changing. i love sunsets after storms...thank you for this image.