Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I Wanna Talk About Me

The title of this post is also the title of a country song by Toby Keith. It seems appropriate. I saw this on two other blogs and decided to try it myself. Please do the same and let me know where I can find it so I can read it. Here goes:

TEN Random Things You May Not Know About Me:
1. I played trombone in high school
2. I was a shy kid
3. I have a memory for the minute details of things most people don’t remember, such as the date, movie and restaurant of my first date with my eventual high school girlfriend; what I ordered for lunch during an interview for the job I eventually landed in Dallas; the name of the show that was starting on the TV in the next room as I was frantically trying to do whatever it was my mother said I had to do before going into that room to watch the show (my very earliest memory, by the way, at age 3 or 4); where I was sitting and the brand and color of the phone I was using during the first conversation with the woman who is now my wife; the year, make, model, color, price and seller of every car I’ve owned.
4. I really am the nice guy I seem to be but sometimes I’m a complete jerk, usually in a reactionary way.
5. I lose many inhibitions when I drink, but I remember everything the next day, which is why I don’t drink much any more.
6. I’ve dislocated my shoulder five times.
7. I was an altar boy
8. I had braces on my teeth in my 40s
9. I used to know all the words to “That’s Life” by Frank Sinatra and I recall singing it loudly with friends every Saturday night (see #5 above)
10. Casablanca is my favorite movie and I’ve seen it at least 25 times

NINE Places I've Visited:
1. The Grand Canyon
2. Jamaica
3. New York City
4. Cancun
5. Kitty Hawk, NC
6. Denver
7. California
8. Hawaii
9. Dauphin Island, Alabama

EIGHT Ways to Win My Heart:
1. Pay attention to me
2. Be honest
3. Don’t think I’m any less of a man because I’m an emotional romantic
4. Make me laugh
5. Share parts of your life with me but don’t completely change your life just for me.
6. Be healthy, stay healthy
7. Kiss me when I’m not expecting it
8. Accept me for who I am and I’ll do the same for you

SEVEN Things I Want to Do Before I Die:
1. Hike the Bright Angel Trail into the Grand Canyon, spend the night at Phantom Ranch and hike back out the next day.
2. Visit Italy
3. Host a TV show
4. Learn to speak another language
5. Graduate college
6. Write and publish a book
7. Learn latin dancing

SIX Things I'm Afraid Of:
1. Dying in a car crash
2. Not being remembered
3. Making a fool of myself in front of thousands of people
4. Being completely broke and in debt with no local job options (been there, done that, don’t want to go through that again).
5. Falling off a ladder
6. Spiders

FIVE Things I Don't Like:
1. Dishonest people
2. Reality TV shows
3. Too much perfume or cologne
4. People who quit trying
5. Sushi

FOUR Ways to Turn Me Off:
1. Lie to me
2. Tell me you don’t believe me
3. Light up a cigarette
4. Act in a completely obnoxious way in front of my friends or coworkers

THREE Things I Do Every Day:
1. Drink coffee.
2. Read
3. Take a shower

TWO Things that Make Me Happy:
1. A beautiful sunset
2. Strolling along an empty beach holding hands with a woman I really like/love while watching a beautiful sunset.

ONE Thing On My Mind Right Now:
1. I am on the verge of big changes in my life. I don’t know what they are or what part of my life they involve. I’m afraid of them and ready to embrace them, with equal amounts of intensity. I don’t know what action(s) to take but I’m completely confident I’ll figure it out. Status quo is not an option. And I’m not completely sure why I’m sharing this with you, because I probably don’t know you.

1 comment:

Ian said...

Well good luck, whatever you decide on whatever it is that you're on the cusp of!

Nothing like a good preposition to end a sentence with.

Yeah, that's where it's at.

Ian