Friday, March 02, 2007

Actors Now and Then

Isn’t it fascinating to see popular actors in their "noteworthy" earlier roles? Here are some of my favorites. A few surprises, ey?

Vincent D’Onofrio as a detective in Law & Order: CI now and as the main “bug” in Men In Black then.














Sally Field recently and decades ago as the star of a 1960s show The Flying Nun.














Tony Shalhoub as Monk now and as an alien in Men In Black then.
















Courtney B. Vance as a District Attorney on Law & Order now and as a sonar wiz in Hunt For Red October then.












That hottie in the Mercury commercials now (her name is Jill Wagner) and in an earlier role.

















Anthony Edwards on ER, as Goose in Top Gun and as a nerd in Revenge of the Nerds.











LeVar Burton in Star Trek: The Next Generation and as Kunta Kinte in Roots.

4 comments:

Lee said...

You know, I always remeber Tony Shaloub as the taxi driver on Wings. *of course I used to always watch that show*

And I had no clue that Lavar Burton was Kunte in Roots...where have I been? Watching too much Reading Rainbow I guess...

Lee

Max and Me said...

just goes to show that i am getting old...i remember all these actors as they were. can you believe sally field is like...60 or so? i remember the flying nun show. and family affair. and love american style. and the smothers brothers. thanks for the trip back in time.

velvet said...

Oh, these are funny! I wonder how many actors and actresses look back on their past roles with a bit of amusement and/or embarassment?

-velvet

Bernie said...

Lee - I didn't realize Tony Shaloub was on Wings. He's in MIB and MIB2...they blow his head off and it pops back out - I couldn't find a picture of that scene.

Meander - those were some memorable shows, weren't they? Although I'm not sure they stand the test of time.

Velvet - I bet some of them are very embarassed :) Sally Field could have been the most embarassed, but she has proven many times over that she really can act in significant roles well beyond a flying nun.