The White House Press Room can be quite contentious at times, but it's nothing compared to this scene in Iraq today.
I bet no American journalist ever threw shoes at a U.S. President.
Of course a few questions and observations come to mind:
- It was an Iraqi reporter who threw the shoes at President Bush. If he had thrown shoes at his country's leader six years ago, he probably would have been shot.
- A majority of American citizens dislike President Bush but most of them (us) would never consider throwing something at him. Like him or not, he IS the President and deserves respect.
- Some people have probably dreamed about throwing something at him.
- What will most people remember about the press conference - the message or the shoes?
- Bush has some damn good reflexes.
- What did the person sitting on either side of the Iraqi reporter think when they saw him remove his shoes?
I've Got That Itch Again
6 days ago