Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Mild Writer's Block

I promise I will write about something other than hurricanes soon.

There are several fifty-something issues floating around in my head ...
- changes in TV viewing (some of this decade's most talked-about shows like Sex In The City and The Sopranos never aired on the 'big three' ABC, CBS or NBC)
- generational workplace differences (boomers like process, twentysomethings live totally in the moment with no apparant thought about the next moment or the previous moment)
- cars almost drive themselves (everything from automatic traction control to that bell that yells at me when I don't buckle up, even though I'm only in my driveway)
- why do I need a home phone when everyone calls me on the phone in my pocket?
- do men really buy that hair color product that specifically covers only some of the gray?

Burning questions about aging, right?

I have a lot to say about all of that and other topics, but the words just aren't connecting with the keyboard this week. Maybe I should just speak my thoughts, record them and transcribe them.

More later.

3 comments:

elizinashe said...

Have no fear! I still check in to see what's up with you. 1. Don't be so hard on yourself. 2. I totally know what you mean. My head is swimming with stuff...just can't write it all down. 3. Go do something absolutely ridiculous and watch some Monty Python. 4.
Look for your favorite childhood toy on eBay and make yourself feel all warm & fuzzy from the memories!
Your creative streak will come back in a huge wave. Just go have some childish fun in the meantime! :)

Brenda said...

I had this problem with words not connecting over the weekend. I started several posts and they either stalled or were turning into novels not really going where I expected! Why does this seem to happen when I am the most pressed for time? I am curious about your topic of men's hair color!

Bernie said...

eliz - thanks for the good advice. I think I do have to do something crazy to free the muse.

brenda - time? what's that? :) hair color? I'm almost as reluctant to admit knowledge of such a product as I am to admit my age.