Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Boomer Men and Younger Women

Like most healthy boomer men, I like looking at young women. Women in their 30s and 20s. I don’t have to explain the attraction, do I? A lot has been written about middle-age boomer men and their attempts to act on these fantasies.

Before I make you uncomfortable with where you think this post might be headed, let me say I have NOT acted on any such fantasy. I’m a fifty-something man married to a younger woman. Four years younger.

That said, I do want to tell you about a “young” woman that always catches my eye. When I say young, I mean younger than me. She’s a beautiful, versatile actress whose current job puts her on your TV every Thursday night: Marg Helgenberger.


She plays forensic detective Catherine Willows on C.S.I.

Earlier roles include KC, a hustler on China Beach (1988-1990) and Dr. Laura Baker in Species, a 1995 movie that was on TV as I started to write this.
She also had a recurring role as George Clooney’s love interest on E-R.

I think Marg looks great at 48.

No comments: