Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Boomerandomness

This could be three different posts, but I feel like saying it all at once.

$54 Million Pants

Back in 2005, Roy took his pants to the cleaners. Roy says the cleaners lost his pants. The cleaners say they gave Roy the correct pants. Roy filed a lawsuit, asking for $54 million. After spending tens of thousands of dollars in legal expenses, the cleaners offered to settle for $12,000. Roy Pearson, a judge in Washington DC, refused to drop his lawsuit. What the hell is wrong with him?


High School Reunions

Have you been to any of your high school reunions? If you’re Gen X or Gen Y, maybe you have and maybe you enjoyed yourself. If you’re 50-something, do you really want to do that? The big ones end in 0 or 5, and I’ve got one of those coming up next year. I’m curious about how my classmates turned out, but I wasn’t a popular kid then. I had only three close friends and have kept in touch with only one of them. So there isn’t really anyone I’d like to see there. On the other hand, I still have most of my hair, more than half of it is the same color as it was then and I’m only a few pounds over the recommended weight for my height. Maybe I do want to go.


Bohemian Rhapsody

How did Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody ever get on the radio? It’s a great song, BUT it sounds like an opera with electric guitars.

The lyrics include these memorable lines:

Thunderbolt and lightning-very very frightening me-
Galileo,galileo,
Galileo galileo
Galileo figaro-magnifico-
But Im just a poor boy and nobody loves me-


In 1975, the song competed for rock radio airplay with Springstein’s Born To Run, Foghat’s Slow Ride, ZZ Top’s Tush, Zeppelin’s Kashmir and Bad Company’s Feel Like Makin’ Love but it got on the radio anyway and now it’s a classic. Go figure.

1 comment:

Kim's World said...

I love Bohemian Rhapsody! The movie Wayne's World made me love that song.