Thursday, November 23, 2006

A few things I’m thankful for:

1. My challenging marriage has survived ten years.
2. My sister’s Katrina flooded home will be livable again in a few months.
3. A friend found a place selling pumpkin pie by the slice and dropped a slice off at my office yesterday (I’m the only one at home who likes it).
4. I’ve survived yet another round of cuts and firings at work.
5. Our friend who shared Thanksgiving with us continues to survive breast cancer.
6. Some very cool people read this blog regularly.
7. Living in the older half of Boomerville is more blessing than curse.


Happy Thanksgiving! Thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

Lee said...

Happy Thanksgiving B! Hope you had a nice one.

LeeAndra

Ian said...

Hey Bernie,

Glad you got you some pumpkin pie. I was hoping for some lemon meringue myself but wound up being disappointed. Thanks for hanging around online - it's nice to read your perspectives on things.

Ian

Bernie said...

Thanks LeeAndra and Ian; and thanks to Meander, Drive-By and others who visit regularly; and to Diner Girl and KJ, both of whom I know in real life. This is a very cool place to hang out. Love you all.