Friday, November 24, 2006

I Can’t Believe We Did It

It’s hard to believe, but we really did do it. It had been at least ten years since the last time, so I felt that we were a little out of practice. But I was confident that if we stayed focused, we’d leave smiling.

It only took a few minutes, and we were both pretty happy when we finished. I got exactly what I wanted and she got some of what she was hoping for.

Years ago we swore we’d never do this the day after Thanksgiving, but we wanted to get some things and thought the mall would be less crowded at dinner time. We were right. A few minutes at the camera store, a few more at the calendar kiosk and 20 minutes in Macy’s and we were done. I got everything on my list and my wife got half of hers.

The mall was only slightly more crowded than on a typical weekend. It helps that this mall is in a city with a population of 100,000. The malls where we used to live, 20 miles closer to “the big city,” would have been much more crowded, even at dinner time.

We went shopping on “black Friday” and survived.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

at first i thought you were talking about something else! :>)

Bernie said...

I was wondering who would notice that first. :)