Saturday, November 18, 2006

Make It Stop

TomKat, shmomkat. I really don’t care. Get them off of my TV. Maybe, MAYBE I’ll see a Tom Cruise movie again some day, but I just don’t care about his personal life, even though he is a Boomer. I don’t want to see and hear about the multi-million wedding in an Italian castle. When I’m in the mood for scenes from Italy, I’ll watch the Travel Channel.

I think Tom’s whole life is an act, but the character he plays in real life just isn’t as exciting as Ethan in Mission Impossible or as endearing Jerry in Jerry McGuire.

Today, my TV choices will be limited to TV Land and the History Channel (because even the Weather Channel mentioned the wedding – it’s going to rain in Bracciano today). The wedding starts in four hours and the residual media coverage hopefully goes away by the end of Monday’s ET or Access Hollywood.

Unless there is coverage of the honeymoon too.

Please, somebody, make it stop!

No comments: