Thursday, January 04, 2007

... In With The New

Many bloggers I’ve visited this week have posted New Year’s Resolutions. I intended to do the same, but I’m somewhat unfocused so far this year.

January is the month where I take stock of my life and the last year and plan for the coming year. It’s a process I begin on the 1st and continue through my birthday near the end of the month. This strategy has worked well for me for two decades.

My “goals” aren’t very profound yet because I’m just getting started, but here are some random items, both large and small, that might end up on my goals list for 2007:

• Go to a NASCAR race
• Return to college
• Visit my West Coast cousins
• Visit my sister in New Orleans
• Buy a newer vehicle
• Build a home audio studio
• See "A Christmas Carol" at Ford’s Theatre
• Visit the Kennedy Space Center in Florida
• Spend more time with friends, develop some friendships to a deeper level
• Get back into photography
• Do more with my Boomer Talk radio feature

One of my most interesting achievements of 2006 wasn’t on my mind at all last January … this blog. I began writing it in March and this is post 98. I’ll celebrate #100 in a few days.

As always, thanks for visiting.

No comments: